Small Business / Networking / Managed Service / Cybersecurity
Managed IT Services: What are they and how do they benefit you?
- Managed Wi-Fi: having an MSP handle installation, repair, and monitoring of a company’s Wi-Fi network and hardware
- Managed Security: having an MSP handle digital security and risk prevention with installation, management, and monitoring of software
- Managed Helpdesk: having an MSP on call to handle IT-related maintenance requests and tickets
- Managed Data Backup and Disaster Recovery: having an MSP help back up sensitive data and ensure redundancy and the ability to restore in case of data loss
- Managed SD-WAN / MPLS: having an MSP manage a multi-location network that is interconnected with SD-WAN or MPLS technology
Repairs with an MSP vs. Break / Fix
- Break / Fix Service: Call a local IT service provider to send a technician to fix the issue as a one-off solution. They will likely charge an hourly rate or one-time fee.
- Managed IT Service: Call your on-contract existing MSP to fix the issue. Since you’re already paying a monthly bill to the MSP, you likely aren’t charged an incremental fee for the repair.
Security with an MSP
Overall Managed IT Service Benefits
- Truly customized IT experience. A good MSP will take in your specific technical needs and craft a solution that fits your business and facilities specifically.
- Predictable budget without the need for IT staff. Although you can outsource any suite of services and have these services custom-tailored to your business, most MSPs charge a simple monthly fee that doesn’t change unless services change. You can outsource your entire IT department and know exactly how much you’ll spend each month.
- Potential cost savings. If you have lots of IT service call needs or lots of help desk requests, a managed service can often be cheaper than using break / fix service or having a full IT staff in-house.
- Incentive alignment vs. break / fix. Break / fix services charge hourly rates that incentivize them to do more work, while MSPs are incentivized to give you secure solutions that maximize uptime and minimize repairs.
- No need to stay on top of technical advances. When you outsource to an MSP, they’re responsible for staying on top of technical advances and new software / hardware so that you don’t have to.
- More secure. A solution implemented by an MSP is more likely to prioritize security than a solution implemented by a non-technical employee.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get you pricing.
Not ready to buy? Stay up to date on our product!
Enterprise / Networking / WAN
SD-WAN vs. MPLS: Advantages and Disadvantages
Getting a handle on the “SD-WAN vs. MPLS” argument can be tricky, but it’s worth making the effort to understand the benefits an...
Internet / IT Purchase Process
Can You Get Dedicated Business Internet Access (DIA) at Home? Yes, But Keep These 4 Factors in Mind
The COVID-19 pandemic has lots of WFH users asking if they can get DIA installed at their homes. The answer is yes, but there ar...